Santa Fe's three cultures has grown to include many cultures. Rashaan Ahmad, of Earthseed Black Arts Alliance, explores the experience of being Black in Santa Fe with six different people, a city with a small Black population.
In this video, Lara talks about growing up in Santa Fe. She shares some stories about how this city has shaped her relationships and how she has navigated through. To see all six videos go to https://www.earthseedblackarts.org/storytotell. Find out more about Earthseed's members and other projects here: https://www.earthseedblackarts.org
Who do you know in the city or county of Santa Fe whose experience needs sharing? How do they feel about living here and when or where do they feel they belong or don't belong? Share their story in the comments or send us a blog post for consideration.
Just so we are on the same page, here is our commenting policy:
· Confine your comments to the subject matter of the post.
· Promote healthy interactions and dialogue within the community.
· Avoid posts that could potentially trigger highly sensitive issues.
· Posts with verbal abuse and profanity will be automatically removed and the involved party removed and/or banned.
· Anything that promotes hatred or discrimination against a person’s or a group’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being will be removed and the involved party removed and/or banned.