January public dialogue sessions centered around the theme of "Monuments."
If you didn't get a chance to participate, take a moment and consider how you'd answer the following questions:
WHO or WHAT deserves a public monument/memorial/work of public art (etc.) and why? Who/What is worth honoring, and why? / ¿QUIÉN o QUÉ merece un monumento público / memorial / obra de arte público (etc.) y por qué? ¿A quién/ qué vale la pena honrar y por qué?
If existing monuments/memorials/works of art need to be reconsidered, what is the ideal process for this? What steps should be taken, and why? /Si los monumentos / memoriales / obras de arte existentes necesitan ser reconsiderados, ¿cuál es el proceso ideal para esto? ¿Qué pasos se deben tomar y por que?
Contemplate and write down your answers or get together with friends and/or family and have a discussion. Share your thoughts here in the comments if you are so inclined.
Just so we are on the same page, here is our commenting policy:
· Confine your comments to the subject matter of the post.
· Promote healthy interactions and dialogue within the community.
· Avoid posts that could potentially trigger highly sensitive issues.
· Posts with verbal abuse and profanity will be automatically removed and the involved party removed and/or banned.
· Anything that promotes hatred or discrimination against a person’s or a group’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being will be removed and the involved party removed and/or banned.